Welcome to the Certification for Psychometrists website.
Click on icon above to download/print brochure.
The 2013 CSP exam = June 22nd
|Cincinnati Children's is the first facility to require psychometrists be certified for advancement.|
Benefits of becoming a CSP include:
- Authentication & assessment of practice-based knowledge by an independent organization – a way to prove you have the knowledge needed for the profession;
- Recognized by other professionals, employers, universities, medical facilities, colleagues and the public;
- Meeting the standard of professional services to the public and profession;
- Enhanced professional credibility;
- Portability - across state lines and international borders;
- Ability to negotiate improved compensation;
- Professional growth and development;
- Marketability for superior job/career opportunities;
- Advanced professional responsibility and visibility;
- Nationally and internationally valued;
- Secures standards developed by psychometrists;
- Exclusive networking with other credentialed professionals;
- Supports the promotion of psychometry as a profession;
- Immediate online verification of certification;
- Enhances the rights of psychometrists to positively influence test development and use;
- Abiding by documented Code of Ethics for CSPs; and
- Ability to purchase some professional products from vendors (B-Level Qualification for ordering products through PAR; for Master's level CSPs this can include C-Level Qualifications).
- Preferred by most neuropsychologists;
- Favored by NAN/Div40 members;
- Competitive advantage in promoting services to clients;
- The only standardized and recognized minimum standard of competence;
- Decrease training time;
- Potentially lower liability and liability insurance premiums; and
- Greater likelihood of reimbursement (e.g., Medicare).
Visitors since about 6/2005