Welcome to the Certification for Psychometrists website.
Click on icon above to download/print brochure.
The next CSP exam will be on February 13th, 2014
The Seattle Exam Handbook is being finalized and should be available in ~2 wks
Cincinnati Children's (3/2011) is the first facility in the USA to require the CSP credential for advancement.
The contracting company to hire Psychometrists for the Department of Defense requires the CSP credential.
Benefits of becoming a CSP include:
- Authentication & assessment of practice-based knowledge by an independent organization – a way to prove you have the knowledge needed for the profession;
- Recognized by other professionals, employers, universities, medical facilities, colleagues and the public;
- Meeting the standard of professional services to the public and profession;
- Enhanced professional credibility;
- Portability - across state lines and international borders;
- Ability to negotiate improved compensation;
- Professional growth and development;
- Marketability for superior job/career opportunities;
- Advanced professional responsibility and visibility;
- Nationally and internationally valued;
- Secures standards developed by psychometrists;
- Exclusive networking with other credentialed professionals;
- Supports the promotion of psychometry as a profession;
- Immediate online verification of certification;
- Enhances the rights of psychometrists to positively influence test development and use;
- Abiding by documented Code of Ethics for CSPs; and
- Ability to purchase some professional products from vendors (B-Level Qualification for ordering products through PAR; for Master's level CSPs this can include C-Level Qualifications).
- Preferred by most neuropsychologists;
- Favored by NAN/Div40 members;
- Competitive advantage in promoting services to clients;
- The only standardized and recognized minimum standard of competence;
- Decrease training time;
- Potentially lower liability and liability insurance premiums; and
- Greater likelihood of reimbursement (e.g., Medicare).
Visitors since about 6/2005